BOSTON POPS ON TOUR 1985 BLOSSOM
John Willaims conducts the Boston Pops:
|= TRACK LISTING =|
|Saturday Evening, July 20, 1985, at 8:30
The Musical Arts Association presents
THE BOSTON POPS ON TOUR
JOHN WILLIAMS, CONDUCTOR
1. Olympic Fanfare and Theme (Williams)
2. "Cowboys" Overture (Williams)
3. Excerpts from "Fiddler on the Roof" (Bock - Williams)
Joseph Scheer, Solo Violin
4. Pops Salutes the Oscars! (Arr. Stevens):
- When You Wish Upon a Star from "Pinocchio"
- Swingin' on a Star from "Going my Way"
- Moon River from "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
- Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head from "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"
- Theme from "The Way We Were"
- Over the Rainbow from "The Wizard of Oz"
Part 2: THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER
1. Everything's Coming Up Roses from "Gypsy" (Styne - Ramin)
2. Suite from "Return of the Jedi":
- Parade of the Ewoks
- Luke and Leia
- Jabba, the Hutt (Gary Ofenloch, Solo Tuba)
- The Forest Victory
3. Three Pop Classics:
- Mack the Knife (Weill - Mason)
- Arthur's Theme (Bacharach - Ferguson)
- We are the World (Ritchie / Jackson - Hayman)
4. Sing, Sing Sing (Prima / Goodman - Hayman)
Tonight's program is being taped for broadcast on WCLV tomorrow at 12:00 noon.
John Williams and the Boston Pops record exclusively for Philips Records.
Sponsorship of the Boston Pops Centennial Celebration provided by The Signal Companies, Inc.